17.8.08

Berry Good Time

Something about summer makes me reach for the berries - I just like to eat them fresh from the produce aisle. Well, after a good wash of course.

After perusing the aisles of my local green grocer, I found some ridiculously cheap strawberries and blueberries. So without another thought, I grabbed some and some heavy cream. I thought I was just going to make a simple berries and cream dessert (essentially washed, sugared berries with lots of fresh whipped cream on top).

Instead I made this:



I found through making a Berry Shortcake how easy it is to make a simple dessert look so pretty.

Sometimes, architectural arrangement (i.e. stacking correctly) and interesting layout (i.e. arranging the berries in circles on top of a dollop of whipped cream) leads to a very attractive presentation.

Too bad it didn't last too long for admiration. ;)

No comments: