23.6.08

Inspiration hits!

Inspiration hit while doing research for a class assignment.

I read an article about Sugar Bakery and Café in Seattle, WA and the journey that the owner/baker Stephanie Crocker went through and thought “If she can do it, so can I.”

I think the main problem is just taking the leap – and this is true with baking as well. I have heard from friends countless times “Oh, nothing I bake comes out right.” or “I keep burning the outside and the inside is raw!” The key is to take that leap of faith and keep on baking.

There is something about making that scary first step, on your own, that turns that step into perpetual motion.

I think I’m going to take a page out of the book of Stephanie Crocker’s success and begin making those samples. It tough to put your heart on the line, but with every heartbreak you get stronger.

And who knows, maybe someone will fall head over heels for my baking.

Here’s to hoping!

You can track Stephanie’s journey at her blog sugarshop.blogspot.com.

No comments: