1.7.08

We Have Liftoff

So I officially launched this blog last week to all my friends and family members. I received a ton of positive “oohs” and “aahs” and have even inspired said friends to start their own blogs.

I think blogging is effective as a tool to reach people that otherwise wouldn’t realize that you were a baker/plumber/superhero in your spare time. It’s also a great way to get feedback about this secret identity of yours.

However, I would like some professional feedback on my baking. Although I have the loving adoration of above friends and family – they are incredibly biased to love my stuff. Hey – it’s free goodies, what’s not to love?

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had an opportunity to provide some samples of my baking to a local and reputable bakery. I got my professional feedback from them. I even got a tentative job offer as a baker. Both took me off guard.

The feedback was universally positive and the job offer was flattering as heck. The conversation ended with “follow your dreams,” which is kind of cliché but what is a cliché but something that works?

So I will take those words of encouragement to heart and keep on whisking!

No comments: