5.7.08

Now doesn't that just look refreshing?


I admit - due to the humidity and the heat, thoughts of baking (although tempting) just don't appeal to me at the moment.

However, that doesn't mean that I don't have ideas about what to do with ice-cream and baked items!

I was thinking of making a soft cookie, kind of like the ones used in whoopie pies and creating a homemade ice-cream sandwich, with my very own vanilla bean ice-cream.

Instead, I went with a citrus-basil sorbet (that's in the picture) and I think it would pair nicely with a citrus tuille.

So here's a question for you, my fledgling readers, what's your favorite summer treat?

If you tell me, I just might make it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Basil and citrus sorbet - how unique! I like how you've been combining savory and sweet with your desserts. Anyway, on to summer favorites...I am partial to traditional strawberry shortcake (with homemade biscuits only none of the store-bought sponge cake nonsense) or anything with pistachios, especially gelato!

Unknown said...

Strawberry Shortcake is definitely a great summertime treat! Thanks for sharing Alexis!

Anonymous said...

How about something with mango? Or maybe peaches? Cobbler? Jay

Unknown said...

Peach Cobbler is definitely a summer favorite Jay, especially since in late summer peaches are in season.

Good suggestion!

Susan and Dave's Wedding said...

Wow, your basil citrus sorbet looks amazing. There's actually a little place in VT that serves that up during the summer months. So unique! The great thing about ice cream is the endless possibilities, which is why it's my favorite dessert.

Bake on! And keep experimenting with ice cream flavors.