4.11.12

Chocolate Chips!

I might have written about Chocolate Chip Cookies before, but I made a batch recently that reminded me why I love that little cookie so much. With cold milk - it's the best treat a kid, err, I mean a grown-up could have!


Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts

 Ingredients
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Cream the shortening and the sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition - don't forget to scrape the side of the bowl! Add dry ingredients and mix well, but don't over mix. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.

Place large spoonfuls of the cookie dough mixture onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden, remove, cool and enjoy!



No comments: